Sending a property to Airbnb for the first time is quick and easy. Here are a few things to prepare before logging into Boost to sync to Airbnb:
- Ensure that the new units have been distributed to the 'Rezfusion Boost by Bluetent' channel partner within your Property Management System.
- Collect the fees that will be applied to this unit on Airbnb. Typically, these are added within Boost.
- Boost must be connected to your Airbnb Host profile. Contact your Implementation Specialist if this is not yet complete.
Once the items above are complete, log into Boost (https://boost.rezfusion.com) and navigate to the new-and-improved user dashboard by clicking the logo in the upper-left hand corner.
Click the video below for a recording.
From here, the setup process can begin:
1. First, ensure that the fees for the unit have been applied either through the The Manage Fees Interface, by adding the property to the appropriate Property Group, or adding it at the Individual Property level.
2. For guidance on setting up fees, follow this link to instructions for Setting up Fees in Boost: The Manage Fees Interface
3. Next, navigate to your listings.
4. Once on the Listings page, open up the Property Filters and narrow down the list properties to just the unit(s) that will be synced today.
5. Narrow the list down further by searching by the Unit Name or ID.
6. Select "Add to Queue" for the unit(s) that will be sent tp Airbnb, then click the "Perform Operations" button.
7. The Operations menu will slide out from the right and you will this operation in:
a. Airbnb: Sync Now to send the unit XML data to your Airbnb Host profile.
b. Click on the video below for a screen recording of the this process.
8. Following the Publishing and Syncing of the units, Airbnb will provide Boost with API feedback on the success of the data sync. If the errors are not understandable, contact Bluetent support at support.bluetent.com. Otherwise, move on to the final step which is Publishing the unit within your Airbnb listings dashboard.